Specialised Acid Wash is a detergent and acid-based cleansing solution. Its powerful combination of acids and fluorides are effective in the cleaning and brightening of metals and other surfaces. The addition of an acid-tolerant detergent creates an acid wash formula suitable for cleaning petroleum-based greases, dirt and fatty materials. Hydrogen chloride and ammonium bifluoride provide thorough and deep cleansing of all mineral salts, rusting, leaching, oxidation and other stains. In addition to natural weathering and exposure to harsh environments, there is also the need to remove contaminants such as freight residue mining and earthmoving grime. This kind of unsightly staining is common amongst mining and civil contracting fleets as well as freight rail stock. It can lead to fleets and equipment looking aged and poorly maintained. Effective on:
- Metals surfaces
- Masonry surfaces
- Oxidised painted surfaces
- Mining equipment and vehicle maintenance.
- Civil contracting and earthmoving equipment
- Rail freight cars, particularly with mining and agricultural residue
- Agricultural plant and equipment
- All other vehicles and equipment maintenance where there are environment soiling, production contamination, and diesel fuel & fumes stains, oils, greases, etc.
Industry Feedback: Mining, Civil Earthmoving and Agriculture
- Clean equipment before it enters the maintenance area.
- Preparation of vehicles and equipment for resale.
- Used prior to transportation between sites.
- Used in the preparation of vehicles, plant and equipment for longer-term storage. Often used in conjunction with Protecta.