- Certified fire retardant paint
- Easy to apply
- Reduces the spread of fire once the source of fire is removed
- Significantly reduces the risk or severity of a fire
- Adds crucial time for firefighters to arrive and minimise damage
This BAL-29 certified high-risk rated fire retardant paint is a single-component treatment that inhibits the initial spread of fire by isolating combustible material from flame. It may be stained and sealed with either water-based or oil-based topcoats.
- Certified by CSIRO as BAL-29 rated
- Colour: green (dries clear)
- Finish: clear
- Fungus resistance: excellent
- UV resistance: good
- Application method: brush, roller, spray
- Minimum effective application: two coats
Directions for use
Read the product SDS carefully before handling this product.
- Coverage: One litre will cover 6 to 9 square metres depending upon material porosity.
- Mix product thoroughly before use.
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from oil and dust.
- Lightly sand the timber surface as you would before applying a paint primer.
- Apply by brush, or preferably a low-pressure sprayer.
- Apply the second coat before the first coat is dry – within 30 minutes.
- Before the second coat drys, wipe excess product off with a lint-free cloth.
- Allow seven hours to fully dry – may take longer in colder conditions.
- For external application, overcoat product with weather resistant topcoat.
- Clean up: Clean up using water and detergent.
See Related Products tab.