This BAL-29 certified high-risk rated fire retardant paint is a single-component treatment that inhibits the initial spread of fire. It works by isolating the combustible material from flames. Once Chemron’s Fire Retardant Liquid is dry the surface may be stained and sealed with either water-based or oil-based topcoats.
- Certified fire retardant treatment
- Easy to apply
- Reduces the spread of a fire once the source of fire is removed
- Significantly reduces the risk or severity of a fire.
- Adds crucial time for firefighters to arrive and minimise damage
- Certified by CSIRO as BAL-29 rated
- Colour: green (dries clear)
- Finish: clear
- Fungus resistance: excellent
- UV resistance: good
- Application method: brush, roller, spray
- Minimum effective application: two coats
Customer Experience – Taronga Park Zoo – Sydney Australia Taronga Zoo is the city zoo of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia and is located on the shores of Sydney Harbour in the suburb of Mosman.
- The CSIRO had tested the product against the applicable Australian Standards.
- It was an Australia made product suitable for the harsh Australian weather conditions.
- It was easy to apply.
- Didn’t adversely affect the natural appearance of the timber or thatch.