Vitroglaze is a long-lasting advanced -formula glass coating that renders glass surfaces repellent to water and environmental contaminants. The glass coating forms a chemical barrier that resists contaminant build-up and assists cleaning. Working like non-stick cookware, your glass becomes easier to clean, without needing strong chemicals.
- Saves valuable time and effort
- Suitable for use in food preparation areas
- Long-lasting glass coating
Glass may look and feel smooth, but its surface consists of microscopic ridges and valleys that create a favourable environment for the build-up of soap scum, hard-water deposits and grime. Glass surfaces consistently exposed to environmental contaminants will gradually become visibly dull and more difficult to clean as various elements build up over time. This deterioration can prove expensive when its remediation is difficult or when premature replacement is required.
- Glass buildings
- Marine glass
- Glass balustrading
- Shower screens
- Residential and commercial windows
Do you need a trained applicator to apply Vitroglaze for you? Find out more about our product application service here.
Can I apply it myself or do I need a professional to apply it? Is the application process simple (spray and wipe?)
It is a simple two-step process and you can certainly apply it yourself, and there is a kit that will provide you with everything you need. The kit will enable you to treat a large shower or two smaller ones. For larger areas, such as external windows it may be best to get a professional applicator to do it.
How long does the treatment last? Will it wash off over time?
The treatment is quite tough and has been known to last for many years, and that is why we offer a five-year warranty. Naturally it will last longer on surfaces that are not exposed to severe weathering or harsh chemicals.
Does it affect the glass transparency in any way?
No, you will not be able to tell it has been treated until water is splashed on it!
What can I apply it to? Can you show me where this product has been used? Can it be used on tiled surfaces? Can this be used on shower screens to prevent build-up?
Although the product was designed for glass, it can be used on a great many surfaces including tiles and stainless steel fittings.
Will it require any special cleaning solutions?
Vitroclean is our preferred cleaning product, although mild cleaning products can be used.
Can it be used outdoors?
Yes, Vitroglaze has been used on many domestic and commercial external surfaces. On large commercial buildings it can significantly reduce the need for them to be washed by rope-access professionals.
What temperatures would it withstand?
Vitroglaze is unaffected by the temperature range that is normally associated with showers and external glass surfaces.
How effective is it? If applied, will I still get some build-up?
It is highly effective. It can reduce the need for cleaning by up to 90%. Although, some light cleaning will still be required.
What does it protect the glass from?
It repels water and therefore protects the glass from waterborne contaminants such as salts, soaps etc.
How much glass will be protected with one litre?
One litre will treat a very large area. The average house and glass fenced pool area could be treated with one litre.
Can I apply it after my glass is showing issues with contaminate build-up?
Yes, you can, although the glass will need to be thoroughly cleaned before you start. Remember that Vitroglaze seals the glass, so any contamination left on the glass will be sealed in.
What is Vitroglaze Liquid? What does this product do in simple terms?
If you were to look at window glass under a microscope you would see that it isn’t smooth at all, it if full of irregularities that gives waterborne contaminants something to latch onto to. Vitroglaze fills in these irregularities and therefore prevents the contaminants from getting a hold.
If I apply the coating, will it come off if I wash/scrub the glass?
It is a coating, so harsh treatment will damage it. Although scrubbing shouldn’t be needed.
Is it toxic? Flammable? Requires special storage?
Alcohol is used in this product, so it is flammable and should be stored and handled carefully.
Is it safe around kids? What if I have pets and they lick the surfaces?
Whilst licking any surface is not advisable, there is no likelihood of a properly treated and cured surface causing any ill effect with people or pets.
Can I use it on my car?
Some people have successfully used it on automotive glass and paintwork, although this is not what it was designed for.
Will I still have to use glass cleaning products?
Some gentle cleaning will still be required, but a lot less than you would normally need to do.
Will it make the glass go cloudy over time?
No, you will only over tell that it has been treated when water is splashed on it.
If I apply it badly can it be removed?
Yes, it can be removed if necessary.
Emirates Glass has been purchasing Vitroglaze for more than three years to apply to our glass before it is sold to the construction companies who use it to build residential and office towers and shopping centres.
We also have a team that applies Vitroglaze to existing buildings where customers would like their buildings coated to protect against sand and salt. This makes keeping the building glass clean very simple and gives Emirates Glass an added benefit when promoting our glass to customers.
We did not face any problems with Vitroglaze when applied per instructions and we strongly recommend it to other glass manufacturers because of the benefits it gives to the customers.
SVP Sales & Marketing
Emirates Glass LLC
CR Laurence Australia
CR Laurence Australia is a manufacturer of high-end architectural products for the glass & metal industries.
The final finish of our installed products in conjunction with ongoing maintenance for our customers is critical to our success.
We researched extensively into products that would not only value add to our range of hardware but also provide longevity to the aesthetics of both hardware and the glass itself.
We found Chemron to be a complete solution for our business with products like Vitroglaze and Stainless Steel Sentry. These products enable our reputation to be upheld for the life of the product after installation.
I thoroughly recommend the use of Vitroglaze on all newly installed glass and Stainless Steel Sentry for all our metal hardware, whether it be stainless, brass or other precious metals.
Our customers love your products and most of all it helps us to maintain excellence after our hardware is installed.
Service Centre Manager
CR Laurence Australia Pty Ltd
- For old glass or glass with a build-up of limescale or soap scum, clean the glass using a cream cleanser and a scratch-free scourer. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry the entire surface with a good quality squeegee.
- For both new glass and old glass for which step 1 has been completed, apply Vitroglaze Pre-Cleaner to the dry glass surface and using a clean, dry cloth, wipe over the surface until all the glass is streak-free and dry.
- Apply product evenly to the cleaned glass surface, about 1 square metre at a time, and immediately wipe over with a clean microfibre cloth.
- Using a clean microfibre mitt, rub over the entire glass area to achieve a sparkling finish — approximately 1 minute per square metre.
- Allow curing for 24 hours before glass comes into contact with water.
Notes: Vitroglaze is a coating and so any contaminants on the glass before the application will be sealed in.
Care of your Vitroglaze Treated Glass
The following maintenance is recommended to maintain the pristine appearance of your treated glass:
- If applied to a shower screen: Surfaces need to be cleaned each week using a damp microfibre cloth and Vitroclean or a mild dishwashing detergent to remove any soap scum, dirt or grime from the surface.
- If applied to outdoor glass: Surfaces such as railings, pool balustrades and windows, clean as required using water and Vitroclean or a mild dishwashing detergent. Wash the glass with a microfibre cloth, and dry with a good quality squeegee.
- The use of harsh chemicals, especially acid-based products of pH 6 or less and alkaline-based products of pH 9 or more, will harm the treated surface.
- For areas with hard water due to a high mineral deposit that can cause limescale: A solution of 1 part white vinegar and 4 parts water should be sprayed onto the glass and allowed to soak for 3 – 5 minutes. Re-spray the glass with the vinegar solution and then wipe firmly with a microfibre cloth. A stronger dilution of vinegar to water can be used if needed.
- In extreme hard water areas: We recommended using the vinegar/water solution (listed above) once a week to reduce this build up on the surface.
Never use abrasive products to clean the glass. Vitroglaze is chemically bonded to the glass; however, persistent use of abrasives will remove the surface of the glass. Vitroglaze is designed to be an ‘easy clean coating’ which requires only Vitroclean, vinegar and/or a mild detergent that does not contain harsh or toxic chemicals to maintain the surface effectively.