Vitroglaze is a long-lasting advanced -formula glass coating that renders glass surfaces repellent to water and environmental contaminants. The glass coating forms a chemical barrier that resists contaminant build-up and assists cleaning. Working like non-stick cookware, your glass becomes easier to clean, without needing strong chemicals.
- Saves valuable time and effort
- Suitable for use in food preparation areas
- Long-lasting glass coating
Glass may look and feel smooth, but its surface consists of microscopic ridges and valleys that create a favourable environment for the build-up of soap scum, hard-water deposits and grime. Glass surfaces consistently exposed to environmental contaminants will gradually become visibly dull and more difficult to clean as various elements build up over time. This deterioration can prove expensive when its remediation is difficult or when premature replacement is required.
- Glass buildings
- Marine glass
- Glass balustrading
- Shower screens
- Residential and commercial windows
Customer Experience – Emirates Glass
“Emirates Glass has been purchasing Vitroglaze for more than three years to apply to our glass before it is sold to the construction companies who use it to build residential and office towers and shopping centres.
We also have a team that applies Vitroglaze to existing buildings where customers would like their buildings coated to protect against sand and salt. This makes keeping the building glass clean very simple and gives Emirates Glass an added benefit when promoting our glass to customers. We did not face any problems with Vitroglaze when applied per instructions and we strongly recommend it to other glass manufacturers because of the benefits it gives to the customers. Ziad Yazbeck SVP Sales & Marketing Emirates Glass LLC
Customer Experience – CR Laurence Australia
“CR Laurence Australia is a manufacturer of high-end architectural products for the glass & metal industries. The final finish of our installed products in conjunction with ongoing maintenance for our customers is critical to our success.
We researched extensively into products that would not only value add to our range of hardware but also provide longevity to the aesthetics of both hardware and the glass itself. We found Chemron to be a complete solution for our business with products like Vitroglaze and Stainless Steel Sentry. These products enable our reputation to be upheld for the life of the product after installation. I thoroughly recommend the use of Vitroglaze on all newly installed glass and Stainless Steel Sentry for all our metal hardware, whether it be stainless, brass or other precious metals. Our customers love your products and most of all it helps us to maintain excellence after our hardware is installed. Nathan Ungaro Service Centre Manager CR Laurence Australia Pty Ltd
Directions for use
- For old glass or glass with a build-up of limescale or soap scum, clean the glass using a cream cleanser and a scratch-free scourer. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry the entire surface with a good quality squeegee.
- For both new glass and old glass for which step 1 has been completed, apply Vitroglaze Pre-Cleaner to the dry glass surface and using a clean, dry cloth, wipe over the surface until all the glass is streak-free and dry.
- Apply product evenly to the cleaned glass surface, about 1 square metre at a time, and immediately wipe over with a clean microfibre cloth.
- Using a clean microfibre mitt, rub over the entire glass area to achieve a sparkling finish — approximately 1 minute per square metre.
- Allow to cure for 24 hours before glass comes into contact with water.
Notes: Vitroglaze is a coating and so any contaminants on the glass before the application will be sealed in. Care of your Vitroglaze Treated Glass The following maintenance is recommended to maintain the pristine appearance of your treated glass:
- If applied to a shower screen: Surfaces need to be cleaned each week using a damp microfibre cloth and Vitroclean or a mild dishwashing detergent to remove any soap scum, dirt or grime from the surface.
- If applied to outdoor glass: Surfaces such as railings, pool balustrades and windows, clean as required using water and Vitroclean or a mild dishwashing detergent. Wash the glass with a microfibre cloth, and dry with a good quality squeegee.
- The use of harsh chemicals, especially acid-based products of pH 6 or less and alkaline-based products of pH 9 or more, will harm the treated surface.
- For areas with hard water due to a high mineral deposit that can cause limescale: A solution of 1 part white vinegar and 4 parts water should be sprayed onto the glass and allowed to soak for 3 – 5 minutes. Re-spray the glass with the vinegar solution and then wipe firmly with a microfibre cloth. A stronger dilution of vinegar to water can be used if needed.
- In extreme hard water areas: We recommended using the vinegar/water solution (listed above) once a week to reduce this build up on the surface.
Never use abrasive products to clean the glass. Vitroglaze is chemically bonded to the glass; however, persistent use of abrasives will remove the surface of the glass. Vitroglaze is designed to be an ‘easy clean coating’ which requires only Vitroclean, vinegar and/or a mild detergent that does not contain harsh or toxic chemicals to maintain the surface effectively.