Sentinel is a natural pyrethrin insect repellent spray to be used with automatic aerosol dispensing units. It is effective against flies, mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches, spiders, silverfish, wasps, fleas, dust mites and more.
Chrysanthemum cinerariifolium is the source of this naturally occurring pyrethrin insect repellent that is also safe to use around people and animals.
Insects are an essential part of the environment and have an important role in the health of the ecosystem in which we live. Nobody wants to kill insects needlessly, but they can be annoying and sometimes even a health hazard. And so some measures need to be taken to discourage them from staying in, or entering, an area.
Why use natural pyrethrins?
Using a natural repellent such as plant-sourced pyrethrins, which insects already recognise as toxic, is an excellent way to signal to them that this area is not safe for them, and if they stay, it will be fatal.
With many synthetic insecticides, the insects do not recognise the danger and continue to fly into and around an area, die, and then need to be cleaned away. This is particularly problematic in food preparation areas.
It is better to persuade insects to leave an area and stay away rather than constantly needing to pick up dead insects!
Sentinel is a widely used and versatile insect repellent spray
Sentinel has a broad application within Australian commercial and domestic environments. As you would expect, homeowners, café owners and warehouse managers routinely deploy this versatile pyrethrin insect spray. However, its use in agriculture, livestock, equine, and manufacturing industries is also widespread.
Aerosol cans are an economically and environmentally sound option
Our cans are made from steel and so are easily recycled once the insect repellent spray has been fully discharged. This contrasts with many passive ‘wicking style’ plastic units that often find their way into landfill.
Automatic dispensing units administer measured doses at predetermined intervals. This is an efficient and cost-effective way to maintain a lowkey pyrethrin presence in an area. Fast-food restaurants routinely use automated dispensing systems to ensure they maintain a fly-free environment.
The system setting configuration options can easily cater to various environments, such as indoor v’s outdoor, night v’s day etc.
Unlike some passive ‘wicking style’ or ‘bait style’ insect treatments, aerosols administer a constant dose from the first spray to the last. So over-treatment or under-treatment won’t be a problem.
Insect Repellent Spray – Can Sizes and Automatic Dispensing Units
Our pyrethrin insect spray comes in two can sizes, a 305 gram can and a 450 gram can. The smaller can of insect repellent spray fits both automatic dispensing units. Café owners and domestic users usually prefer the smaller cans as they are less noticeable and more discreet.
Factories and warehouses often deploy the larger cans as these longer-lasting cans are a benefit, and the aesthetics are less important.
- Insect barrier spray that kills and repels flies, mosquitos, ants, cockroaches
- Natural ingredients
- Cafes, delis, butchers, restaurants, hotels, outdoor eating areas
- Commercial kitchens
- Food manufacturers, warehouses
- Retail stores
- Clinics, medical facilities, aged care facilities
- Stables, pet boarding, and kennels
- Piggeries, hatcheries, and dairies
- Garbage rooms
Related pest control products:
Directions for use
To mount your ADU onto a threaded aerosol:
- Check the ON/OFF button is in the off position.
- Connect the battery/batteries to the ADU.
- Push the connected battery into the space provided in the ADU.
- Hold the ADU firmly in one hand, making sure to direct the nozzle away from you and toward the ground.
- Press the aerosol can firmly into the ADU and rotate the can to the right. Continue to screw the aerosol can into place until you feel resistance, then rotate an additional quarter of a turn.
Locating your ADU-equipped aerosol:
- Decide on the most appropriate location for your ADU. Be mindful of the cone of misting spray and ensure that it will not be obstructed or come into direct contact with people or items of value.
- Mount the bracket if required.
Operating an ADU equipped aerosol
To ensure that you use the minimum amount of spray to achieve the result you’re looking for we suggest that you start with the lowest settings and work your way up the higher setting over a few days. Assess the impact of each level of setting before increasing to ensure you don’t overdose the area.
Cap- style ADU:
- Select either the eight-minute timing option (Hi) or the four-minute timing option (Lo).
- To turn the unit on, press the ON/OFF button to be in its depressed state.
- To turn the unit off, press the ON/OFF button to be in its extended state.