- Caustic liquid
- Highly chelated
- Easily dispensed
- Helps remove mineral scale along with fat and protein
- Made in accordance with HACCP and GMP guidelines
- Suitable for use in AQIS-inspected meat and food processing plants
Sledge provides effective removal of fats, proteins and burnt-on soils in the dairy and food processing industry. It is a low-foaming high-caustic solution which should be automatically dispensed into food plant CIP systems via conductivity or volumetric control. Low-foam surfactants and sequestrants ensure an efficient clean and residue-free rinsing.
- Cleaning smoke houses
- Stainless steel cleaning vats, tanks, silos
- Heat-exchange equipment including pasteurisers and evaporators
Directions for use
Use at concentrations of 0.5% to 3%, depending on the level of soiling, process run time and temperatures.
For normal dairy and food soils, circulate for 15 to 30 minutes at 60°C to 70°C.
For heat-treated food soils, circulate for 30 to 60 minutes at 5°C above standard processing temperatures.